*This post is without getting coupons involved. I will have another post later on How to Coupon at Walgreens.
Walgreens, also known as "Wags", is a great place to get cheap or even FREE toiletries and more! Walgreens does not have a customer loyalty card.. anyone may shop and receive Register Rewards (RR)-pictured above, which are Walgreens "Store Dollars" that print out and will be handed to you with your receipt. Do Not Lose These! Now, in the Walgreens store Ad..look for Register Reward Deals, for example..
Blink Tears Eye Care
.33 -.5 oz.
sale price $8
next purchase $8
So what this is saying is, you are going to pay the sale price $8..you will receive an $8 Register Reward (RR) along with your receipt. You may now use that RR on your next Walgreens purchase. So you are using a little cash Out Of Pocket, but you are getting it back in Walgreens cash..so it's like getting it for FREE!
Some Things to Know About the Register Reward
- Can't be used on alcohol, cigarettes, gift cards, phone cards
- You will not receive the RR until AFTER you pay for your transaction
- Register Rewards expire 2 weeks after being issued-Do Not Let Them Expire!
- In order to use a RR that you received from a previous transaction, your present transaction total BEFORE taxes must be equal or greater than the RR amount
- !!THE MOST CONFUSING BUT MOST IMPORTANT RULE!!- The RR's will have the brand that gave you the Register Rewards printed on it..so if you bought and received a RR from a P&G: Proctor & Gamble product (Tide, Gillette, Old Spice, Dawn, Crest, Olay, Covergirl and many more)..then you CANNOT use it on another Proctor & Gamble Register Reward Deal, because it will not print out the RR for the 2nd transaction.
*so don't use a RR that you got from Tide Register Reward Deal and use it to purchase a Gillette Register Reward Deal. If the Gillette is not a Register Reward Deal then you may use it!
If you are confused or need to ask questions while you are in the store..don't panic! Ask the Walgreens employees. They are trained very well!